Roman Kolos specialises on cross border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance law, corporate law, competition, and employment law. Roman holds a degree in jurisprudence from Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. He is admitted to practice law in Ukraine since 2000 and holds an advocate’s license since 2010.
5-7B, Studentska street, 5th floor,
04050, Kyiv, Ukraine
Partner | Advocate
Roman has practiced in Ukraine for more than 15 years and has developed an extensive knowledge of the local market and business environment.
Prior to founding ArsLegem Roman was a Partner and Head of Corporate and M&A practice of the Kyiv office at Wolf Theiss (one of the leading CEE law firms). Before that he was associate and counsel with Magisters (one of the top CIS law firms, later merged with Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners), including a spell as Head of Corporate and M&A practice in the firm’s office in Moscow, in 2007. Since 1999 till 2005 Roman worked as an in-house lawyer and head of legal department for a number of local and multinational companies, including the Kyiv office of TNK-BP.
Roman Kolos has been involved in a significant number of complex transactions for both domestic and international clients. Following are few examples of such transactions:
- Multi Development in obtaining of €52.1 million financing from EBRD for construction and development of an international quality, innercity retail centre in Lviv;
- Bank of Austria (UniCredit Group) on providing multimillion loan facility for a major Ukrainian agriculture company and establishing of the security interest over commodities and contract rights;
- REC Alpha, the Ukrainian real estate focused subsidiary of Raiffeisen International, in relation to some of Client’s largest real estate acquisitions in Ukraine;
- Members of underwriters syndicate led by GMP Securities LP on Ukrainian mining sector IPO on the Toronto Stock Exchange by the Canadian mining company Black Iron Inc;
- Hypo Alpe-Adria-Leasing (Ukrainian leasing company of HYPO Group) on restructuring of almost 50% of client’s bad loans portfolio;
- Oracle Corporation with securing of Ukrainian merger clearance for acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Inc. Deal Value: USD 7.4 billion;
- Dana Holding Corporation with securing of Ukrainian merger clearance for the Client’s joint venture with Bosch Rexroth;
- Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of a minority stake in Dragon Capital (a leading Ukrainian investment company);
- Intesa Sanpaolo (one of the leading European banking groups) in acquisition of Pravex Bank (large Ukrainian bank), deal value EUR 493 million;
- Shell in joint venture with Alliance Group that resulted in Client acquiring control over 150 retail gas stations in Ukraine.
Roman Kolos, who advised a Ukrainian SPV on obtaining €52m in EBRD
funding, ‘performs well on cross-border and domestic transactions’.